What kinds of flowers should be brought,
and what streamwater poured over the images?
-Lalla (Lal Ded)

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Summer, Twenty-oh-Eight

I don't know what a poster- a French poster- of Aranyer Din Ratri is doing at the bottom of my blog. I'm coming back after a long time. I had almost forgotten about my blog. But it's here. I've changed the name. It sounds funnier, I think.
I have seen that poster inside a film theatre off Deshopriyo Park in Kolkata. I guess it stuck to my mind.
I'm on holiday now. My second year just got over. I hope to use this time fruitfully. Not waste it away like this. I have done a lot of things already. I finished reading a few books I wanted to while my exams were on and I saw a terrible English play called 'Sonata' off Citizen's Park- Academy of Fine Arts, I meant. Doesn't quite sound like Broadway, does it? or even West End. But probably better and more wholesome than Old Vic.
I also attended a book launch. Naipaul's authorised biography by Patrick French. No, I didn't stay back for the refreshments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.